We are looking for a dedicated DevOps & Cloud Engineer to overlook our globally leading trading systems for energy and commodities markets. This is 6-month contract with possible extension and immediate start.
Your major activities will include the daily operation and deployment of our applications as well as the systems on cloud/on-prem. You will automate all processes and procedures using state-of-the-art instrumentation thereby ensuring stable and consistent production environments. You are encouraged to propose new methods for operations demonstrating new technological advancements and their benefits to our product. We strive to keep up a start-up mentality with technology-driven people that are part of the decision process – reshaping and improving the future of our product.
- Full stack responsibility of Energy infrastructure and applications including troubleshooting.
- Operate Energy Monitoring stack with Ansible/Terraform/AWS including capacity and performance management, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Deployment and support of internally developed applications as well as third party software within the production environment.
- Assist integration of Kafka & Consul clusters monitoring into our Energy Monitoring stack and develop preventive maintenance.
- System – (upgrading, patching and tuning), capacity- and performance management.
- Continuous improvement and automation of processes for both operation and deployment activities. Take part in Automation/Containerization/Cloudification/Serverless projects.
- Operation includes early/late shifts and on-call duty distributed among the team (an average of 1-2 shifts or on-call duty per month might be expected).
- 3+ years’ experience in System Engineering in highly critical environments
- Experience in ELK, TIK stack
- Expertise in RedHat Enterprise Linux 6/7 (installation, system monitoring and maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.)
- Experience in Web & application servers / proxy (Apache, Tomcat, HAProxy)
- Experience with automation, software deployment and orchestration technologies (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Terraform).
- Be able to take responsibility and deliver results under time pressure
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: AWS, Google Cloud, Kafka, Consul, Sparc, Hadoop, CheckMK, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Mongo, CheckMK in a context of “Everything as Code”
- Understanding and/or experience with DevOps and SRE
- Experience with one or more of the following languages Python/Go/Java
- Work experience with KanBan and Scrum is appreciated
- Understanding of Serverless, Microservices architecture
- Experience in continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis)
- Initial contract duration is 6 months, extension is possible
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Attractive remuneration
Driving business success. Accelerating personal success.
For more than 70 years, Manpower has been dedicated to enriching people’s lives with meaningful employment and development opportunities, and providing companies with innovative workforce solutions that help them increase agility, improve productivity and boost the bottom line. We started with a single office as a temporary staffing service – perhaps the first business of its kind. Today, all around the world, we provide this service and so much more, including permanent placement, workforce programs and workforce insight and innovation – all designed to optimize human potential and provide businesses with a key competitive advantage.
We began as an industry pioneer. And we remain at the forefront as a recognized thought leader in the changing world of work. With our global presence and local expertise, and by leveraging the peerless expertise of our parent company, ManpowerGroup, we influence how people and companies work now and how they will work in the future. Few companies can match Manpower’s history of growth – or our continued progress as we enter the Human Age.
Take a look at where we’ve been and who we are today. Our presence. Our leaders. Our vision and values. You’ll see an unwavering commitment to our clients’ and candidates’ success.