We are seeking an experienced Accountant for our client based in Prague. Our client is an established worldwide known company with an amazing team that lives by their core values and they also offer a career development plan.
Senior Accountant is an independent role – the person will be responsible for running and overseeing all accounting tasks in IFRS, training, and coaching team members and assisting in developing financial policies and procedures and assist in continuous process improvements.
– Interpret and review financial statements, reports, spreadsheets.
– Train and coach team members, participate in the preparation of cross training.
– Support the Team Leaders and Managers with ad hoc projects, cooperation with other functions across the company.
– Participate in more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members.
– Prepare month-end journals, maintain general ledger records.
– Analysis of assigned accounting entities.
– Prepare and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations, follow up on outstanding balances.
– Complex analysis of revenue, reports.
– Audit necessary journal entries.
– Assist in developing financial policies, procedures, systems, and processes.
– Completion and review of internal/external reporting.
– Execution of government reports, tax reporting, and ad hoc financial information requests
– Cooperation with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
– Accountable for delivery of associated key performance indicator (KPI)
– Continuous process improvement, making recommendations based on the analysis.
– 2+ years of experience in accounting within a multinational organization.
– Good understanding of how finance fits into the broader strategic picture.
– Experience with reporting of US GAAP/IFRS.
– Numerical excellence and a good understanding of best practices in financial reporting.
– Proven experience with the preparation of statutory financial statements and direct/indirect taxes.
– Strong written and spoken English, French, Spanish or Italian is an advantage.
– Good interpersonal skills, comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
– Ability to independently resolve moderate to complex problems.
– Experienced Microsoft Excel user.
– Flexible working hours (fix hours between 10 – 16h)
– Occasional work from home
– 5 weeks of vacation
– 5 sick days
– Cafeteria 4 000 CZK/month (in trial period 1 500 CZK/month)
– Meal vouchers – 100 CZK
– Contributions to ACCA (30 000 CZK)
– Contributions to accident and life insurance
– Contributions to the pension (3% from salary)
– Refreshments on the workplace (fruit and very good coffee)
– Corporate events
Note for candidate
Send us your CV in English and Czech if you have one.